Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Sad State of Affairs

So... I just stumbled across a Jezebel piece titled "How to Get Out of a Hook Up When the Guy Is Already in your Apartment". I was pretty sure it'd raise my blood pressure before I clicked the link, because I just knew that the odds of the first sentence being "Tell him it's time to go" were slim to none. 

Sometimes I hate being right.

The advice is as follows:

Step 1: Offer him tea (also known as "The Chastest of Beverages")
Step 2: Endure awkward double-entendres (or really awkward single-entendres)
Step 3: Ask him to leave

Why not skip right to step three? Because AWKWARDNESS. 

In the scenario offered, the woman is afraid making things awkward if they have to see each other again in a professional context. Her suitor's not, though. I mean, I don't think a guy who launched into a Q&A session about her lesbian roommate's sex life, expressed an interest in putting her legs up "in a T", flat-out said "I want to sleep with you" and then - after being turned down - asked her to show him her boobs, is too concerned about a professional relationship.

And yet, here's a woman who thinks it's impolite to simply say: "no, I don't want to sleep with you, please leave my apartment."

And she's not alone. As one commenter put it: 

Really, ladies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?