Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Smile. (A cure for the Hump Day Blues)

Is it Wednesday already? Goodness, Hump Day kind of snuck up on me there. I guess three short weeks in a row will do that to you. Not that I'm complaining, Lord knows I love nothing more than a long weekend.

Except maybe for Edy's cookies 'n cream, which sort of makes everything better. Everything, that is, except for the funk I've found myself wrapped in for the past few days. Monday's blog post was a bit on the chastising side, I'll admit. I was wallowing knee-deep in news reports of racism, violence and an all-encompassing lack of respect for human life which left me feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. I think I lost faith in the human race for a little while there, as I tend to do once in a while.

Luckily, just when I'm at my lowest, wondering if humankind is more a virus than a race of sentient beings, the internet always seems to throw a little encouragement my way.

I present to you the two hilarious Tumblrs that have restored my faith in the human race:


Mean Girls reference! *girly shriek*

Aaaaaand:
Chandler doesn't simply walk into Mordor. He dances.
A species capable of such incredibly amusing creations couldn't be all bad, could it?

Surely not. 

So, for the foreseeable future, I'm going to use Hillary's acerbically witty texts and Chandler's charmingly spastic cavorting to stave off the existential despair that threatens to swallow me up whenever I come across stories like this, this or this.

If you're in need of a pick-me-up too, feel free to check out more Texts from Hillary here or see Chandler "dance" in (and on) other equally random locations (and people) here

Find more interesting, funny links (along with a few depressing but informative ones) at my Tumblr (insert shameless plug --->) here. ;)



UPDATE: Looks like the Texts From Hillary tumblr is closing down, now that they've got a big thumbs-up from the woman herself. Le sigh. Oh well, I guess we'll always have the memories... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?